Chamonix is just the perfect base for hikers! There are over 300 kilometers of walking trails in Chamonix and over 600 kilometers in the entire Mont Blanc valley. This means endless opportunities for easy, moderate and challenging walks. You can take one of the several cable cars to get high up to climb up to one of the surrounding peaks or you can enjoy great and gentle walks down in the Mont Blanc valley.
Enjoy a long, beautiful day out in the mountains. Normally we walk between 5 to 8 hours on a full-day tour.
A typcial trek for a full day hike can be:
- Albert 1er Hut: High mountain adventure next to the big glacier of Le Tour.
- Lac Blanc Hut: One of the greatest mountain lakes is waiting for you to take excellent photographies.
- Aiguilette des Houches: High over the village Les Houches this scenic peak is a absolute must do in the valley.
- Aiguille du Midi Traverse to Montenvers: Sightseeing and hiking combined in one day!
Half-day tours usually take 2 to 4 hours starting in the morning or in the early afternoon.
A typcial trek for a half-day hike can be:
- Chalets du Loriaz: Great mountain huts in the backcountry of Chamonix.
- Montenvers: A great hike to the biggest glacier of France the Mer de Glace (sea of ice).
- Aiguillette des Possettes: A stunning peak at the end of the Chamonix valley with great views on the whole Mont Blanc range.
- Vallée du Bérard: A great loop in a remote valley.
Hut to Hut:
We will hike up into the mountains and stay in a traditional hut to enjoy the sunset high up. We will sleep in a beautiful mountain hut and we will get indulged with a homemade and typical 3 course dinner freshly prepared by the guardians of the hut. After the dinner we will enjoy a good glass of wine and we will listen to some great stories. We spend the night in a dormitory or even a private room (only in some huts available). A hut to hut tour allows you to get away from the crowds so that you can simply enjoy the wonderful alpine landscape!
You can choose from a challenging, long distance multi-day hut to hut tour or just a two day trip with a one night hut stay experience.
Chamonix based hiking weeks:
Why not spending a full week in Chamonix and enjoy the greates hikes of the valley? During our hiking weeks we show you the best hiking paths in the valley and some insider routes. We organize everything for you ranging from airport shuttles, accommodation, catering and of course the hikes every day. We tailor a perfect itinerary considering your whishes and abilities.
Whether you are beginner or experienced hiker we can tailor our tours and treks to everybody's level and ability. You can book a private guide or join one of our small hiking groups. Our day trips are available throughout the whole summer (May - October)!
> Prices & Dates <